Thursday, January 17, 2008

Capt. Calvey homecoming


"Capt. Calvey homecoming
By Jaylynn Richardson, correspondent
The Sun

One year ago, Kevin Calvey had every reason to stay in Oklahoma. He’d been married only three weeks ago, had an established law practice, deep roots in his community and eight years of service in the House of Representatives. But, a calling took him overseas.
“The reason I wanted to join the military was because as a legislator, I worked with veterans and I’d always admired these men and women who served in uniform. Once we started going into Iraq I couldn’t stand it anymore, and I joined,” said Kevin. “And after being deployed, my admiration has only increased for our veterans.”
...According to Kevin, prayer, being able call his wife often, and staying connected sustained him while serving. He also took time to thank the Blue Star Mothers, the Hugs Project, and Operation Pioneer Spirit for the care packages and items they sent to the troops. "

More...The Sun - Capt. Calvey homecoming:

No comments: