Saturday, August 16, 2008

Fisher House, Womack, Silver and Gold Star

The Needle in a Haystack: Fisher House, Womack, Silver and Gold Star: "..I NEVER run out of laughs with my own Chapter 7 Blue Star Moms... add into that Barb from Chapter 4 and Deborah & Mary Jo from Chapter 5 (hope that's right MJ) and I know it will be a day of hugs and love...
.. after food and potty breaks on our way to Ft Bragg, we arrived at Fisher House , a sort of Ronald McDonald House for soldiers and their families. I was so excited to hear Spence from the 1132nd was there and passed on the well wishes...he was having surgery for wounds from April 6.. I met Paula & Lucy, 2 of the most wonderful ladies you will ever want to meet who run Fisher House... if you have a moment would you say a prayer for Lucy's son Ryan... He is preparing for a bone marrow transplant very soon... the great news is they have found three matches... ALL PERFECT 10s!! How amazing is that??? When things start moving along with it I'll keep you updated..."

No comments: