Monday, March 9, 2009

Airman Mom: Instant Friends



"As I have stated many times, attending an Operation Welcome Home event is always no less than amazing! To be in the presence of our heroes and shake their hands is an honor."

Friday night, while waiting for the plane to touch down; I wandered over to a group of ladies who were wearing Blue Star tee shirts. Oh my goodness, this is my Maryland Chapter of Blue Star Mothers of America! I recently transferred to this chapter, after the folding of the virtual chapter. This was so cool! Six brand new Instant Friends! By the end of the OWH event, we had shared laughs, tears and hugs. We are proud Blue Star Mothers, there to support each other


."Each and every one of these moms, understand me and I understand them. We
havea child (or children) in the military. Our children who not so long ago were
inour arms, are now holding an M-16. Our children not so long ago, walked
intotheir first day of school; they now have been through Basic and Tech
Schools.Our children who not so long ago were ours to hold tightly during a
thunderstorm or bad dream, are now protecting our nation. Our children who at
anymoment we would lay our life down for, will now place themselves in harm's
wayfor our country.




We are still their moms."
Airman Mom: Instant Friends:

No comments: