Monday, March 9, 2009

Support for Troops

"I would like to say a huge thank you to IJ reporter Brent Ainsworth for reporting on the programs and people in Marin that support our military and their families. I am starting a new chapter of the Blue Star Moms in Marin. Brent recently wrote an article on my efforts."

- "I just wanted to say thank you for starting something as important as this.
"I have spare time that I would love to devote to supporting our troops.
"Please let me know how I can help and bless you for doing this."
- "I was very excited to read about the start of a Blue Star Moms chapter in Marin County. It is certainly about time.
"I am very interested in helping and doing my part in supporting our sons and daughters in the military."
- "I am very happy that there is going to be a Blue Star Moms group.
"Congratulations, please count my wife and I as supporters."
"It is terrific that you will have a program here in Marin.
"We have great respect and appreciation for the families who sacrifice so much for all of us."
Blue Star Mothers of America, Inc. is a national organization. There are many chapters around the Bay Area.
People are wrong if they think that Marin County is not interested in this type of program. This is only a small sample of the responses I am still getting daily.
Again, thank you Brent from our troops, their families and their supporters.
Barbara Travis, President, BLUE STAR MOMS OF MARIN
(PENDING CHAPTER)

Saturday Readers' Forum - Marin Independent Journal:

No comments: