Friday, June 5, 2009

Gold Star Families license plates has been established


"Two weeks ago Governor Jim Gibbons signed a bill establishing the Gold Star family's license plate for families who lost a loved one while serving in the military.'I feel great,' said Varela of the license plate, 'I feel I've accomplished something. It's not just for me but for others who will be able to be recognized as Gold Star families.'

He added family members who have had a loved one killed in military action from World War I, WWII, Vietnam or the Korean conflict to the current war can apply for a license plate at the Nevada Division of Motor Vehicles.
Families, though, will have to provide proof that a loved one perished while serving in the military."

Gold Star Families license plates has been established www.rgj.com Reno Gazette-Journal:

No comments: