Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Monument Honors Soldiers


"Plattsburgh, New York - December 11, 2007 The Gold Star Mothers and Dads of Clinton County, New York commissioned a Vermont artist to create a monument to honor of the men and women serving in Iraq and Afghanistan. It will soon go on display. The former president of the group spent some time looking over the black granite monument they commissioned. It depicts a male and female soldier in full battle gear somewhere on the front line in our current conflicts. Simone Marcotte came up with the idea for the monument. 'Because I'm so dedicated to servicemen and soldiers. I married a serviceman and I've been around them all my life and now I'm very proud of my two grandsons in the Navy,' says Marcotte."

...The Blue Star Mothers and Dads also want to send care packages to the front lines and they are asking families of military members serving abroad to contact them. If you have a relative serving in the armed forces and would like the Blue Star Mothers and Dads to send them a gift package, please contact: Simone Marcotte - 518-561-3687 or Alice Fountain - 518-561-8504.

...More Monument Honors Soldiers:

No comments: