Friday, December 14, 2007

Mothers helping mothers

The News and Tribune - COULTER: Mothers helping mothers: "On Sunday, I attended the funeral of Sgt. Kenneth Raymond R. “KR” Booker as the local chapter president of the Southern Indiana Blue Star Mothers at the Switzerland County High School Gymnasium in Vevay. It was my honor to meet with the brave family of this fallen hero who died last month in Iraq at the Haskell & Morrison Funeral Home prior to our presentation at the public service.

Senior Judge Jerry Jacobi, an associate member of Blue Star Mothers, assisted me at the funeral. My remarks followed condolences from Congressman Baron Hill and representatives from the offices of Gov. Mitch Daniel, Sens. Evan Bayh and Richard Lugar. Then, I presented to the families the highest recognition of our national organization: The Gold Star Banner."

No comments: