Tuesday, August 25, 2009

View from a Sawmill: A Richer Life

"View from a Sawmill: A Richer Life
There are times when I am reminded that my life has been enriched by the service and courage of others.
By: Greg Hull, Lake County News Chronicle"
There are times when I am reminded that my life has been enriched by the service and courage of others. It’s something I need to be reminded of, and challenged about. A few weeks ago I went with my father to his USMC reunion. Most of the veterans of B Company out of Duluth are now grey-haired and stooped with arthritis.
...

But by courage and with sacrifice many have served. Consequently lives have
been enriched. Being the “young kid” in a room of elderly Marine veterans
reminds me of that. So does seeing a Blue Star hang in someone’s kitchen window,
or yellow ribbons around a mailbox post.
Maybe our courage and sacrifice can
make their lives richer at the same time.


View from a Sawmill: A Richer Life Lake County News Chronicle Two Harbors, Minnesota:

No comments: