Wednesday, March 12, 2008

GIRL SCOUT COOKIES/IRAQ

Steve Stucker - GIRL SCOUT COOKIES/IRAQ
Dear Viewers,The following email made me laugh and cry at the same time.Please read it carefully, and then show our soldiers how much welove them by sending them what they are asking for....Girl Scout Cookies! Contact info is at the bottom of the note....ss
NAME: Sgt Adam Harris
CITY: Rio Rancho/Albuquerque
COMMENT: Mr. Stucker, I am writing from my station overseas. I cannot give a phone number for that very reason. One of the things I miss is your newscasts. I wanted to let you know of an effort happening with the Girl Scouts and Blue Star Mothers in Rio Rancho. The Girl Scouts andBlue Star Mothers are hoping to get donations of cookies to send totroops overseas. This is something we look forward to every year and thebox that we share does not go very far, but we are always so grateful!It is one of those things that remind us of home and helps us rememberwhy we are here. My mom is with Blue Star Mothers , and my little sister is with theGirl Scouts. They both have a real passion for this endeavor which I canhear in their voice and notes to me. Anyone who would like to purchasecookies to send to troops or give $ can do so by contacting my own mom,Mrs. Harris who is working with Girl Scouts and Blue Star Moms. I knowthat Albuquerque has their own effort and she would be able to help asneeded there as well. But for purely selfish reasons I am plugging ourRio Rancho moms who serve the west side, Bernalillo and Rio Rancho.Any company who has the urge to sponsor a mailing or purchase cookies(or both) would be eligible for a tax deductible donation since thecookies would not be comsumed by themselves and would be donated to a501C3 . I know that Rio Rancho Blue Star Mothers would send a letter ofthanks and provide more info. If you can get the word out, that would begreat. I would help my mom and sister, but since I have been here for acouple years and expect to be here for more since I reenlisted, I canonly do so much from where I am at and I thought you would be theperfect person to ask for assistance. On behalf of my mom, my sister,Rio Rancho Blue Star Moms and the Girl Scout office (Phyliss) I sign offas---- Very respectfully yours, Sgt. Adam Harris, US Army .

Contact Info: .Phone: 505-7264 Email: rrbluestar@yahoo.com
Checks to: Rio Rancho Blue Star Mothers P O Box 15594, Rio Rancho, NM87174

No comments: