Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Be a Blue Star Mother

Grand Junction Free Press:
"Be a Blue Star Mother
Wendy Hoffman Grand Junction October 8, 2007
I am in the process of moving with my husband to Grand Junction. I am also a Blue Star Mother and a member of Blue Star Mothers of America (bluestarmothers.org). My son is currently serving in Iraq as ‘the first of the surge’ and will be redeploying in April. I am working at organizing a new chapter of BSM in the area and need to locate moms of troops and veterans. I was contacted already by a mother in Fruita, so we will be having an organizational meeting in the near future. I would like your help in promoting our efforts, and Blue Star Mothers. We have had tremendous growth in the past few years and have expanded from a few hundred to over 3,000 members. New chapters are forming monthly across the country. Currently there are three chapters in Colorado – Hesperus, Durango and Denver. I look forward to getting a chapter going in Mesa County. I can be reached at my cell 970-424-2312 or my house phone (effective today) 242-3845. "

No comments: