Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Sending Sons to War


KOTV.com - The News On 6: "Sending Sons To War KOTV - 10/28/2007 8:54 PM - Updated 10/29/2007 6:12 AM A Jenks family is sending a son off to Iraq on Monday. It’s something they’ve done before and something they’ll do again. The News On 6’s Emory Bryan reports Michael McCann leaves for Iraq on Monday. And, he’ll join a brother who is already there. At the Village Florist shop in Jenks, Monica McCann holds on to her grandchild whose father is on his way to Iraq. For McCann, it's a familiar job sending off a soldier. This time, it's her second oldest, Michael, who will be deployed to the war zone. 'I'm very proud of my children, but I'm also afraid,” said Monica McCann. McCann’s oldest son went to Baghdad with the Army last May. Another son expects to be deployed as soon as he's done with infantry training in the Marines. 'I know everybody is tired of the war and everybody wants the boys to come home. And, I understand that and I do, too. I wish my boys didn't have to go, but they do. And, they're over there and a lot of other people's children are over there. And, they need our support, whether we agree with the war or not, to me that's irrelevant. They're over there and they need our support,” said Monica McCann, military mom."

No comments: